Reader Problems Tag

21 January 2015

So, I've been tagged by the oh-so posh, Jennie of A Bookworm Called Jennie, and all there is to do is answer a couple of questions regarding problems of a bookworm, and we know, we're all our own types of insane readers. ;)



You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?


I do, in fact, actually have 1000+ books on my TBR as of the current moment, and with more and more awesome and interesting books coming out this year, I'm terrified that it might increase instead of lessen. But oh boy, 20k books? I'd most likely just pick the one that intrigues me the most so as to get started, and then repeat. 

You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?


I used to never want to quit reading a book, because I'd like to give these books the benefit of the doubt, but then it all depends on my level of dislike for the book. I'd more or less quit it because there are also other more books to read that are most probably better. I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to like a novel when it's already reached the deal breaker level for me.

The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?


Oh wow, the funny thing is, this happened to me last year. I started with 100 books months before I started blogging and reached the goal in two months. Trying to amp it up since the year wasn't even gone halfway, I decided to shift it to 150 books and yet again, I was able to reach it. Then I started blogging, mid August and my idiotic self decided to amp it up to 200 books. I had not realized blogging and writing reviews would slow me down, so by December with 2 weeks left, I was still short of 20 books, and I swear, I couldn't concentrate at all with the blogging and reading, because, how was I supposed to read 20 books in less than 2 weeks? I did the only thing that came into mind, which was to revert it to 190 books. I did however, was able to read at least 12 in the last month.

And I know I should have just shrugged it off and just left it behind, but I couldn't do it. I have no idea why. (DON'T JUDGE ME!!!) But the moment I changed my goal back with 10 books less, I was able to get back on track and concentrate properly.

The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?


Oh, I'm very picky with book covers. I'd prefer one edition to another. But sometimes I'm just going to suck it up if I've got no other choice. *cries*

Everyone and their mothers love a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?


I personally don't know a lot of people who read, but the idea of being able to post an online review of the disliked book on a blog or on Goodreads, you'll actually find at least a few people you don't even know who would share your opinion as well.

You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?


Who cares? I'm just gonna start crying, but in a subtle manner, of course, in order to not attract any attention. But who knows? A cute boy or girl might just come up to you and ask why you're crying. Bonus points for meeting someone new and providing an awesome book reccomendation. ;)

A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!? 


I don't have the patience to re-read a book, unless they're really good but I'd probably skim through the book or look up the synopsis on Goodreads instead... and if all else fails, CRY IN FRUSTRATION!!!

You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?


I'm a really nice person and I don't mind sharing, but I pick the people who I would lend my books to. I actually have my paperbacks wrapped in plastic to avoid wearing out the covers. But if someone does insist to borrow my books and I know they're not careful about it, I'd just say that I'm reading it, or it's with someone else. No way I'm letting my babies near a book monster!!!

There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?


Books are really expensive these days, so I'm going to have to just suck it up and resort to buying ebooks instead since they're a lot cheaper. I've decided that if I do enjoy the book, or if I do find the cover to be really beautiful (major plus if the book turns out to be awesome), I would end up buying a physical copy for collection purposes. Goodbye, money. You will be missed!

After you've bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?


Pfft. Please. I'd probably already had been married and had by first born child by the time I get the urge to read the books collecting dust on my shelf.

7 comments

  1. I'm exactly the same way, life's far too short to waste it reading books that aren't taking your interest. I either reshelf them and wait until I'm in the mood or ditch them altogether. Some I wish I had of ditched a lot sooner. Gosh, we're so alike. I don't have the patience for rereads either. I expect the next book in the series to remind me of what happened a year earlier. Especially when you read a lot of ARC and review copies, you don't have the luxury of going back and spending that extra time refreshing your memory either. Awesome tag, and thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I've realized that if I don't like it, I need to ditch them because there are just so many more awesome books out there! They need my lovin' more, lol. Oh, and there's this site called "Recaptains" or something, they write recaps of previous books in series to refresh your memory about the series.

      Thanks for stopping by, Kelly! :D

      Delete
  2. We do have similar answers! I was cracking up at question #3 because I remember how you were freaking out about your goal. I'm glad you cut it down to 190 because hello girl, that is still a pretty fucking impressive number of books read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never forget that moment. Girl, I was freaaaaaking out, probably because it's the first time. But if I ever don't reach my goal this year, I'd probably just shrug it off now, lol.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Blessie!
    Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award. Its a tag with a couple of questions. If you have time, you should check it out! ;)

    Here's the link:

    Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for tagging me, Betsy! And thanks for stopping by, too! :)

      Delete

Thank you, Mischievous Readers, for taking the time to read my post/review, and I would be so glad to know about your thoughts, so please leave me a comment, I'll surely reply!

(Oh, and it's best you click the NOTIFY ME check box to receive a notification once I reply to your comment)