BOOK REVIEW: Best Man for Hire by Tawna Fenske

02 January 2015

Best Man for Hire (Front And Center #3)
by Tawna Fenske
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Date Published: December 29th, 2014
Publisher: Entangled: Lovestruck
Format Acquired: ARC from Publisher
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks
My Rating:

So perfect he's almost too good to be true…

Anna Keebler makes a living being unconventional. A wedding planner who specializes in more…unusual ceremonies, Anna's client list includes everything from nudists to paintballers to Little Red Riding Hood enthusiasts. So when her photographer up and quits during a wedding blitz in Hawaii, Anna makes an unconventional decision. She hires a hot Marine to be her new photographer.

Little does she know, Grant Patton is the best man in one of her weddings. He's so perfect he's practically a Boy Scout—if Boy Scouts were big, ripped Marines with gorgeous gray eyes, and good at, oh, everything. Especially sex. In fact, his only flaw seems to be that he hates marriage as much as she does. But Anna suspects the sexy Boy Scout routine is a cover, and if he wants this thing between them to be about more than sex, Grant must reveal the dark past he's fought so hard to hide…




This was one of my anticipated reads of 2014 after having read and fallen in love with the other Front and Center reads, and my god, Tawna Fenske never disappoints with another hilarious romance featuring the third (Or was it fourth?) Patton sibling, Grant Patton and Kelli's (Fiancee for Hire) wedding organizer friend, Anna Keebler. 

Hello, Mr. Perfect.
Most of the books I've been reading features male leads that are just so wild and bad, and exhudes the dominant alpha male feel. Though Grant is basically an alpha male and is pure deliciousness and everything masculine, he's an absolute sweetheart and definitely the "go-to" guy in times of need. Althroughout the book, he's basically a boy scout stuck in a grown man. Not only is he a soldier with badass military counter-intelligence skills (Meaning, he can get you to spill your deepest darkest secrets... immediately), he's also got an amazing eye for photography. Grant Patton is obviously the whole package -- He's gorgeous, smart, a total sweetheart and an artist at that. If only guys like him really existed (Hah!)

She's a wild, wild one. 
If you've read the previous book (Fiancee for Hire), you'd figure out how much of a wild girl Anna is. A total burst of creativity, and a girl with no filter. Originally, I thought she would be type of girl who was kind of naive and very happy-go-lucky but instead, she comes off really blunt and pretty much straight to the point when it comes to everything. I couldn't relate to her confidence though, but I loved it, because she was just so similar to her friend, Kelli, since they used to be roomies back in college. On the other hand, she was predictable and at the same time, she wasn't. There were times I could figure out her character, but her bluntness was like a shield to how her mind truly works. 

Twists and turns, and dark alleys.
The story didn't generate the same feel as the first two books, which were my favorites but I can't deny that this was also a great read. And Tawna's humor is still awesome as ever. I absolutely love how the author can make a perfect balance of drama and humor, all packed in one book. A lot of twists in this book were very amusing and kind of gave me the shudder, especially after finding out about Grant's dark secret. It wasn't exactly a major shock but it appeared to be something I least expected. 

I'm excited for the next book, since Schwartz, the last Patton sibling had already been introduced and of course, it's obvious he's going to be the lead in the next book... although his leading lady might be... dot, dot, dot?

8 comments

  1. I've heard very good things about this series, though I have yet to read it. I know Tawna Fenske is really good at mixing humor with romance because I read Eat, Play, Lust. Have you read that already? So funny and touching as well.
    I loved your review, especially since it focused on the character's personality traits. I love heroines who are confident enough to speak their minds. The whole insecurity thing with "I'm not good enough" has gotten kind of old. And the hero...smart, sexy and an artist?! *swoon* I will be adding this series to my TBR pile :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohgosh, I read Eat, Play, Lust and it was just so funny! Tawna Fenske is like one of my favorites!

      And yes, Grant is just extremely swoon worthy, like the total dream guy! And I totally agree with the heroines and their constant whining about their insecurities.

      Can't wait for you to read the series! Thanks for stopping by, Michelle! Happy Reading! ;D

      Delete
    2. I just checked Goodreads, and I own the first book in the series. Yay!

      Delete
    3. OMG YAY! The first book is one of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. I have not read this series, but OMG does it sound hot. I can remember which book it was, but I remember I read one from her. I'll have to go check my goodreads bookshelf. Thanks for another series rec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only is it hot, but it's hilarious. ;D Anytime, Sarah! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Yes for the short review! We're slowly but surely getting there huh lmao. I don't know what it is, but I really like reading about male characters that have been in the military, or are currently serving our country, they always make for a great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting it on with these short reviews, yas! All the books in this series got a lot of military references, you'll love it. ;D

      Delete

Thank you, Mischievous Readers, for taking the time to read my post/review, and I would be so glad to know about your thoughts, so please leave me a comment, I'll surely reply!

(Oh, and it's best you click the NOTIFY ME check box to receive a notification once I reply to your comment)