Meme Shmemes [Feature & Follow Friday #3]

13 March 2015


*Feature And Follow Friday is a weekly blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read to discover blogs, gain readers and followers and make new friends!

Hey Mischievous Readers!

Happy Friday the 13th! Any of you here are big believers of superstitions and freak out whenever this time of the year pops up? I'm not though, but my mom is... kinda. Well, she had terrible experiences way back in the 80s when she was still in college, so when my brother and I were younger, she wouldn't let us stay out late with friends after school and prefer we stay home instead, which sucks, because Friday hang outs with friends are always the best time of the week. I'm not sure if she still does that to my brother, since he's still in school and lives with my folks while I'm already away. Heh.


Anyways, here's another Feature and Follow Friday post for you guys. Sadly, my time as featured blogger is now over, but this time, we've got another featured blogger, Shaunna from Books Over Bros!!! And don't forget to hop over to her blog and check out Parajunkee and Alison Can Read to read about her Q&A!

So, on with today's question:

Have you come up with any special memes or features on your blog that you'd like people to visit more?


Well, it's not exactly a special meme but I made a cute name for my monthly wrap ups, and it's called "#InCaseYouMissedIt". Yep, the hashtag is included. And I've got a cute little graphic for it, too, to match all my kitty post headers!


Though I'm planning on creating special memes that would be fun to work with every week so keep posted on my blog for updates! 

But if you want to check out someone who always has crazy new features on her blog, that would be Tika of Fangirl Confessions. She has all these cool features on her blog which I plan to steal someday.

Oh, and I almost forgot about this (I had to edit my post when I remembered). My blogger BFFs and I created a group together called The Bookish Groupies and together, we created an event (kind of like a meme, though) last month where we read romantic and swoon worthy books for February! We had a blog hop going on too and we had a couple of people join in! 

Here's the cute little graphic I made for our Swoonuary event!


(Credits to the actual owner of the adorable background. Text and mid-section edited by me)

We'll probably make more of these monthly events (probably not this month though, since we're all jampacked with review copies and book tours) so stay tuned! 



42 comments

  1. I love the graphic you made it is so cute! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That graphic is super cute! I would never be able to create my own meme, but I hope you can one day! New follower!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good at making design graphics! You should definitely think about having a design shop. I'm so horrible at making them and everytime I try to make one it just looks like barf, it's kind of sad really! I'll have to check out some of the memes that you've mentioned. I hope you have a great week, I'm an old follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, thank you Krystianna! I've been thinking of working on one, but I'm not really familiar with HTML and blogging codes, so that would be hard for me, lol. Have a great week, too! xx

      Delete
  4. I like your #InCaseYouMissedIt...that's really cool!! And yes, that's a really unique graphic. New follower!!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress' FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not original since it's a common phrase but I've never seen bloggers use it as a title for a monthly wrap up, so I thought I'd grab the chance, lol. Thanks for stopping by, Shannon!

      Delete
  5. #InCaseYouMissedIt is a great name for a wrap-up post, Blessie! I hope you'll have a fantastic Friday!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that graphic!! How cute! :) Old follower!!

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! It's the kitties that make them cute, lol. :D

      Delete
  7. Yo have cats on your graphic , that's so adorable!
    New Bloglovin Follower.
    Paulina @ The Little Book Pixie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paulina! I hve a cat on my main header so I thought I'd put cats on every post header I make, lol. Thanks for the follow and for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Can you believe I've been blogging for about 3 years now and I only now discovered--in January 2015--what #FF means! *hangs head in shame* #epicfail And I'm all sorts of in love with #InCaseYouMissedIt b/c it's fabulous. We are working on some sort of meme but it's still in it's baby stages and it might not grow into anything at all but it's fun to try and think of fun weekly topics. *wink*​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, that's so funny! Haha And thank you! Oh, do share when you get your meme up and running! Would love to participate! :D Thanks for stopping by, Cristina!

      Delete
  9. I love the graphic! :) Thanks for visiting, I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Glad to have you here! xx

      Delete
  10. I love that name for monthly wrap-ups! Mine is boring. I call it Month in Review (I know, I'm a regular Shakespeare). Also, I love your blog, it is adorable and so cleanly designed! I love it!

    Jessica @ Ramblings on Readings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jessica! :D I'm glad you think of my blog that way! :D xx

      Delete
  11. All of your graphics are so cute, ahh! <3

    I really, really love the sound of that event! I'll need to look out for stuff like that. Group reads sound so much more fun than reading on your own. It'd maybe help me stop procrastinating as much, too... haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaunna!!! Ooh hopefully you can join Tika and I and the other girls on our buddy reads! We read the coolest books (Loljk) but, no, really, it would totally be fun to have you on board. The more the merrier!!! Thanks for liking my graphics, too! xx

      Delete
  12. I love the Swoonuary meme! I participated and it was fun. Can't wait for next year's Swoonuary. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for participating in our little event/meme, Jess! Hope to see you again in our next themed bookish event! xx

      Delete
  13. Thank you for letting me know about my link in the linky tools! You are awesome! By the way, I never mentioned it, but I love your buttons with the cute little cats! I totally thought of you guys for this week's FF! Swoonuary was an awesome idea and I had fun participating! (: I love the graphic you made, too!

    Old follower! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Pearl! And thank you too! Cats are kinda mischievous so I thought I'd incorporate that to my blog, and it works well too since I'm such a cat person too!

      Delete
  14. Your graphics are AMAZING! And Swoonuary was pretty cool! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's such a cute graphic! Love the cats!
    Old follower stopping by! x
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm such a kitty person, that's why. :)
      Thanks for stopping by, Alexandra! xx

      Delete
  16. lmao thanks for the shout out yo, you can steal whatever you want! You know we bounce ideas off each other all the time anyway, and I started doing monthly wrap-ups because I seen you were doing them sooooo, I pretty much already stole from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! We just steal from each other, lmao! But thank you girl! And you're welcome, lmao! xx

      Delete
  17. Great post & ideas! I'll have to look into these memes! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Love your cute graphic!

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your graphics are gorgeous! If you do Swoonuary (great name!!) again next year, I'm in. :-D New follower. Thanks for following me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hopefully we do it again next year so keep your eyes peeled! :D

      Delete
  20. Your graphic is adorable. Love your ideas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love those cats and your graphics. I'm not a big romance reader, but the work you put into swoonary is great. :)

    Thanks for stopping by mine xx

    Regular follower xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, Mischievous Readers, for taking the time to read my post/review, and I would be so glad to know about your thoughts, so please leave me a comment, I'll surely reply!

(Oh, and it's best you click the NOTIFY ME check box to receive a notification once I reply to your comment)