by Elle Kennedy (Goodreads, Website, Twitter)
Self Published on April 28th, 2015
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Sports, College
Format: eBook (294 pages)
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
ADD TO GOODREADS
He’s a player in more ways than one…
College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.
Now he’s going to need to up his game…
After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.
I loved the first book, and I had so much laughs from the comments after I posted my super confusing review of The Deal, and in honor of that hilarious moment, I’m going to give this review a similar twist.
6 Reasons Why You Should NOT Pick Up The Mistake
- John Logan will ruin your expectations of your future lover or boyfriends and will make you want your baes to step up their game by making them accomplish a check list when things go wrong. Probably a “things to do to win my heart (again)” list with stuff like, “write a love poem” for starters, and “take a boudoir photo on a red velvet chaise lounge” to take things to another level. Not exactly a good idea if you’d rather keep them, than scare them away.
- Just like Hannah Wells, Grace Ivers is a character you’ll find so unrelatable, even though she’s awkward as us and babbles a lot when nervous, because she still gets the hot guy chasing her around, begging for her love. I’ve got a very important question: WHERE. IS. MY. HOT. GUY?
- This book will make you want to gag at how cute and adorable Logan and Grace are, and at the same time, make you want to sit in the corner and ugly sob about your non-existent cute and dorky love life.
- Unless you want your kindle/e-reader or book to burn to ashes, you need to steer clear away from this book because the steamy scenes are FIRE! Wouldn’t want that happening now, would we?
- Pretty much everyone in this book will make you giggle snort like a pig high on crack, and it’s definitely not something pleasant to show off especially in public.
- Elle Kennedy will make you obsess over the fact that the next book doesn’t come out until… Fall 2015? Spring 2016?!!!! No one knows.
If you’re brave enough to go through everything listed above, then be my guest.