BOOK REVIEW: The Deal by Elle Kennedy

10 May 2015

The Deal (Off-Campus #1)
by Elle Kennedy (Goodreads, Website, Twitter)
Self Published on February 24th, 2015
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Sports, College
Amazon | Barnes & Noble

ADD TO GOODREADS
She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy... 

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.

...and it’s going to be oh so good. 

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.


Yes, I know. I'm kind of late to the party, but I've read this already a couple of weeks ago but just never found the time to actually write a review for it, but here's a quick bullet point review about The Deal. 

5 Reasons Why You Should NOT pick up The Deal


1. Hannah Wells is so unrelatable.  Forget about her awkward antics and sassy wit, because Hannah is just so unrelatable. I mean, she's got a hot guy asking her for a tutorial session, I mean, that's just soooo unrelatable, right? Like where is my hot guy? Nowhere to be found, which leads to my point: Un-re-la-ta-ble.

2. Garrett Graham will give you diabetes. No, seriously. With a surname that's actually a yummy sweet dessert, he's bound to get you calling for 911 with insanely high blood sugar levels. So, no. Bad idea.

3. The steamy scenes will burn your kindle/e-reader to ashes. I mean, Kindles are very expensive so we wouldn't want that to happen, right? So better steer clear of this book.

4. Giggle-snorting. Finesse is ruined like a damned pig on crack while reading this book. Defnitely not something you should look forward to.

5.  Penises! "Sweet Jesus. Penises everywhere. Big penises and small penises and fat penises and penis-shaped penises. It doesn't matter which direction I move my head because everywhere I look I see penises. My mortified gasp draws the attention of every peniser, guy in the room..."

Have I convinced you yet?

Disclaimer: To those who might not understand the premise of my review. Obviously, it is written in a sarcastic/satirical manner to convince you all to pick up this fantastic book.