Cue Sad Music & Rain [Sunday Post #2 & Stacking the Shelves #10]

23 August 2015


*Sunday Post is a weekly meme created by Caffeinated Book Reviewer where we share news or showcase stuff happening on the blog or around the blogosphere.

Rain is pouring and we've got a terrible storm (mostly wind rather than rainfall) and it just ruined my weekend hangout with the besties because we thought it might be dangerous to leave the house. Plus, the widdo bwudder left three days ago, though he almost missed his flight because some dumb airline agent held up his passport, but all is well and my brother's back home enjoying my mom's cakes and pastries without me, hah!

Aaaand, I'm lonely. I do live with my grandma and a few relatives, but still, having the broski around was such a hoot! We're tight like that even though we're 5 years apart. Now I'm going to have to wait for next year to come when he finally travels back for good. (Yipee!)

I also gave Harry (my 5 year old laptop, because HP, hah!) away to the broski, which they'll probably sell away after they get it fixed. Oh it was just so hard to let go of it, because it's been with me since college and all my late night projects and research papers all went through that baby. Oh, good times.

I've recently bought a new one, it's an ASUS (I honestly forgot what model) and I've named it Ace, but Harry will always be in my heart.

Also, the day before the broski's departure, we watched Inside Out and it was the feelsiest (is that even a word?) movie I've ever seen! I actually had to hold back my tears because I didn't want to cry in the theatre, hah! (Spoiler Alert: Bing Bong! Bing Bong!) But enough of that, I'm saving my thoughts on the movie for an official movie review. Yes, you read that right, Mischievous Reads is about to start posting movie reviews! I'm still trying to decide what rating system would be more effective: a 1-5 or a 1-10?

CURRENT READS


I should call this the Set-Aside-For-Now pile, because it's taking me ages to finish!

  • Where Sea Meets Sky by Karina Halle - There's something in this book that I'm not exactly enjoying but I can't pin point it. Feels kind of bland? I haven't continued past 16% because it's not calling to me. I would try to pick it up and finish it real soon, though!
  • Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
  • Beautiful You by Chuck Palahniuk

PREVIOUSLY ON MISCHIEVOUS READS


Not much of an eventful week for me because the broski and I had to do some last minute shopping.


AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE



NEW BOOKS AT MISCHIEVOUS READS


For Review
*Covers link to Goodreads*

   

Purchased
*Covers link to Goodreads*

       

    

CURRENT OBSESSIONS



I don't know about you but I'm a big fan of cool, action packed movies, especially the Marvel/DC movies. Now, I'm not a comic reader, but I am pretty familiar with every character's backstory, but I wouldn't dare say something like "Ugh, the movie sucks, the comic was better." Nah, nevermind that, I'm only here for the gunshots, explosions, SFX and the CGI! 

But, Deadpool would be my favorite and I'm so excited for this movie! He's known for his hilarious puns and jokes and tends to break the fourth wall. Not only that, he's a character who regenerates due to an experiment gone wrong. Ryan Reynolds is BORN to play Deadpool! He's freaking hilarious!

Also, I've got this song stuck in my head after watching the Cinderella movie adaptation, and I've been humming it every freaking time.