Long Overdue Book Haul [Stacking The Shelves #8]

28 June 2015


*Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme created by Tynga's Reviews, where you share books you've recently added to your TBR (physical or digital)

Oh, happy weekend for the people of the United States! *throws bacon confetti*

Marriage equality is now legalized in all of 50 states in America and I am just so happy for the LGBT community because they are finally granted equal rights, and it's just so overwhelming to bear witness (well, not really, as I live on the other side of the globe, but you get the point) to an iconic day that will be etched in our world history in the future. What a time to be alive! 

Aaaand, moving on!

For the past two months, I have been buying books, little by little, almost at least twice a week, and I have pretty much hauled at least 12 books because I just could not control my book buying urges. Book buying bans never work on me, because I'd just feel miserable at the end of the day. 

So, without further ado, here are my new babies. 


Cress by Marissa Meyer
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

Here's a little bit of close up on my latest babies.

I am ridiculously in love with this edition of Fangirl. It's a huge book, in hardcover and comes in different colors: Red, Pink and Yellow. I got my copy from Fullybooked, a local bookstore here in the Philippines. I don't remember seeing the book in stores, but I did get a newsletter in my email stating that this book is now available for order, and so I sent one in and tada! Here it is!

It also includes exclusive features such as an excerpt of Rainbow Rowell's upcoming novel, Carry On, and also a couple of gorgeous fan arts from various artists!





I also got the first three books of Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series and they are just absolutely GORGEOUS, especially Cress. I just want to "Cress" it, get it? HAH!

As of now, I'm currently reading Cinder and it's taking me ages to finish because I'm currently swamped with ARCs, so I've got it on my "I'll get back to you in a while" pile, while stuck on chapter 20. 


Just look at those matte covers with a little bit of gloss on the red accents and text. PERFECTION.

Also, a few days ago, Leigh Bardugo was here for a book signing. Though I was able to join the party, here's an unsigned copy of her book, Shadow and Bone. Hahahaha! Ready Player One looks so cool too! 


Let's talk contemporaries. 

Y'all know how much I love contemporary novels, especially romances. Tika from Fangirl Confessions has been raving about Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma on how it's one of her favorite books. Also, the cuteness of Eleanor and Park, and Extraordinary Means (Oh, how I wish the alternative cover with the trees in the shape of lungs were available instead of this, I'd have preferred that). Also got Vanishing Girls to spook myself, though I've heard mixed reviews, I'm still down to read this. 


Thrift store/sale finds!

I found these two babies for a total of $5, like woah. 

I got The Dark Divine at a booksale in Powerbooks for 80 pesos ($1.99) and Edgar Allan Poe's poetry for 150 pesos ($3.40). The cool thing about my copy of Edgar Allan Poe's selected masterpieces is that it's a brand new 1962 edition. Smells real great too, like drugs. Hahaha!


This is my biggest haul yet in two months. I'm kind of scared for my self control when I finally start to earn my own money and get further liberty when it comes to personal purchases. Wow-ee. 

Have you guys read any of these books? 
Give me a heads up!