Project: Diversify no. 2 [Stacking The Shelves #4]

26 February 2015


*Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme created by Tynga's Reviews, where you share books you've recently added to your TBR (physical or digital)

Happy Sunday, everyone! You guys might have read in a couple of my previous posts that I do plan to diversify my blog and not just want to stick with smexy romance novels. So I've bought a couple of books last month that will help me start with this project I'm working on... and I'm calling it: PROJECT DIVERSIFY! *throws bacon confetti*

And as obvious as it is, I haven't exactly properly started on reading non-romance novels, because of The Bookish Groupies' SWOONUARY event this month! (Click on the banner on my right sidebar for more details!) And yes, I'm using it as an excuse to read more smexy romances before I get started on YA Fantasies and other Fiction reads...DON'T JUDGE MEH! I'm working on it, you know. *deep breath* It takes time. (HAH!)


Tell All by Chuck Palahniuk
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Gone by Michael Grant
The Selection by Kiera Cass
The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin

I don't even know why I bought a Hardcover copy of the third Mara Dyer book when I don't even have the other two books yet. I just saw it in stores and grabbed it. What sucks is that the first two books are out of stock in some stores. Guess it's time to do some huntin'. *cue jungle music*

Also, I was able to grab a signed copy of We Were Liars! Haven't met the author nor have I read this book but I couldn't miss the opportunity of owning a signed copy. And according to a few blogger friends, this book is one of their favorites of 2014, and also a Goodreads Choice winner, so I'm guessing this is going to be a great read for me. 


What are your thoughts on these books, if you've ever read them? Give me a heads up on what I should expect! 

9 comments

  1. Nice haul! I've only read We Were Liars and The Retribution of Mara Dyer. I was one of those readers who enjoyed the conclusion of that trilogy so I hope you like it as well ^^ and regarding We Were Liars; it's a very hard book to explain... I enjoyed it and I didn't see the twist coming but for me the hype was way to high and the more I think about it, the more I realise it wasn't as fantastic as everyone was saying but that was just me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noelia! Hmm, I see We Were Liars has got a lot of mixed reviews, but thanks for the heads up! And I've been wanting to read the Mara Dyer Trilogy too, but I need to get my hands on the first two books first, lol. :D

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    I nominated you for Versatile Blogger Award. Check it here:

    http://book-choose.blogspot.in/2015/02/versatile-blogger-award-nomination-i.html

    Happy Reading!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE WERE LIARS FINALLY! You definitely have to go into this book with no clue as to what it's about. Don't skim any reviews, just go in with an open mind. & fall in love with Gat so we can fangirl together because he was just so posh and ugh. I loved this book! Tell All looks so cool. I didn't know the book title was in the tears until you told me lol. Definitely need to read his work. I almost bought The Selection the other day . . . note I said almost, so if I do we can buddy read like we do pretty much everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely gonna read We Were Liars real soon! :D And yes, Tell All has a cool cover! Most of Chuck Palahniuk's books are! :D Go buy The Selection so we can buddy read it! :D

      Delete
  4. A signed copy..how exciting is that! I told me kid I nee signed copies of Pierce Brown's novels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to buy the signed copy though. The author's coming to the Philippines this March! Hopefully, I'll get to meet her then! :)

      Delete

Thank you, Mischievous Readers, for taking the time to read my post/review, and I would be so glad to know about your thoughts, so please leave me a comment, I'll surely reply!

(Oh, and it's best you click the NOTIFY ME check box to receive a notification once I reply to your comment)