BOOK REVIEW: Drowning in Rapture by Megan D. Martin

23 December 2014

Drowning in Rapture (Rapture #1)
by Megan D. Martin
Self Published on January 28th, 2014
Genre: New AdultContemporary, Erotica, BDSM
Format: eBook (131 pages)
Source: Purchased
Amazon | Kobo Books



I didn’t plan to become a stripper who performs live sex shows.
But that’s what happened. It’s what I do, and I’m good at it.

I was going to go on and do something with my life. I was going to be something more than just a piece of ass.
But that’s not how it worked it out.

Men don’t control me. Not anymore. Not until my best friend left and he came into my life.

I don’t want to lose myself and drown in another man. But I’m afraid it’s already too late.

**This book is intended for mature audiences only due to graphic depictions of sex and bad language.


I shouldn't have taken this book so lightly when I read the blurb, although I knew this was going to be good because it's a Megan D. Martin book... But hear me when I say I had no idea this book would render me SPEECHLESS. (Well not really, because I was going all "Oh.My.God" the whole time, so technically, I could still utter at least three words... not entirely speechless then)

This book is nothing close to any feel good contemporary romance you've ever read. Everything in this is just extremely explosive and unbelievable, your mouth would be gaping wide open as you read. 

Jewel is a stripper... and not just any stripper. She's the star of the strip club, alongside with her gay bestfriend who performs as Poseidon, and together, they're a tandem. And not only does she strip for a living, she also performs live sex shows with him at VIP parties. But when her gay best friend decides to move away with his boyfriend, she's left alone with no more performance partner... until she finds out that someone's decided to fill in Poseidon's shoes... THE RIPPER.

She's never met him, ever. But this guy knows her real name, and makes her feel all hot and bothered, for someone who's been dancing naked and having sex for a long time. The Ripper a.k.a. Cole is a total enigma. 

The chemistry between Jewel and Cole is just purely insane -- a grenade ready to blow. And damn, this book got me turning page after page, like what I've expected from a Megan D. Martin novel -- from their first performance, up to the next. 

The only thing that threw me off a bit was Cole's backstory, but going into further detail about him would cause a major spoiler. But instantly my reaction had been: "HOLEE-SHIT!!! WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT?!"

Another insane thing is that this book ends with a cliffhanger... well of course it did, haven't I learned anything from reading other Megan D. Martin's books? She still shocks me, every. Single. Time. I'm not even going to lie, this book was all kinds of crazy... AND I LOVE IT. 

I'm really beyond stoked to read the next book now, because cliffhangers drive me crazy. 

4 comments

  1. Hehehehehehehe, okay blogging while tispy, but more on the I'm one glass away from being drunk side isn't so bad. I'm actually seeing things in a wholeeee new light. So I'm going to read this tonight, one because I want to read something because I'm tispy and I can't sleep, and two because it's Megan . . . Helloooo! I told myself I wouldn't read another book before I finished my review of Zodiac but I never listen to myself any damn way. Nice review girl, you got me wanting to pick this up again because remember I had put it down after a couple of pages because I was reading in the car, and I hate reading in the car but I forgot my headphones at home. I told you about that right? Do you hate that, or is it just me? Okay, bye Mae-Day , Oh and MERRY CHRISTMASSSS !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tika! I'm glad you're up for giving this book a second chance. It's reaaaaally good, and weirdly shocking... like any other Megan D. Martin novel, lol. I hate reading in the car because I get dizzy, I'd prefer to listen to music instead when on the road. Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  2. Love your reactions to this book! Not my typical read but hey, you've piqued my interest, nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy! My reactions on this review were true and legit to the situation going on while I had been reading. I actually do lack the filter, lol. I'm glad I piqued your interest even though you don't usually read books like these. It's a fairly quick read anyway. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete

Thank you, Mischievous Readers, for taking the time to read my post/review, and I would be so glad to know about your thoughts, so please leave me a comment, I'll surely reply!

(Oh, and it's best you click the NOTIFY ME check box to receive a notification once I reply to your comment)