02 February 2015

SWOONUARY! A Valentines Day Special with The Bookish Groupies


IT'S THE LOVE MONTH!!!

Hello Mischievous Readers, and welcome to the Bookish Groupies' first annual event, Swoonuary! 

Are you in the mood for a sugary sweet romance? What about a contemporary so cute, you're left squealing like a school girl? If you are, then perfect, because that is what Swoonuary is all about! And in lieu of Valentines Day, we've decided to read both romance & contemporary novels for the whole month of February, and of course, we'd want other bloggers and readers to join in, because the more, the merrier!

STOP RIGHT THERE, and DON'T FRET! Because there are NO RULES to this event! (OMG, that actually rhymed!) It's basically just you and me, picking up a lovey dovey or a smexy romance novel, and drowning ourselves in it (just because we're single, lol. JK)

All that we ask is that you read atleast ONE romance or contemporary for the month if you're participating. Would it be cool if you read more than one? Of course, but we know you guys have other obligations, so how many you read & what you read, is completely up to you! When posting about Swoonuary, make sure you link back to one or all of us: Jennie, Mallory, Ang, Blessie, & Tika, and don't forget to add your name to the linky widget at the bottom of this post!

NO PRESSURE! All we ask is for you to have fun! So if you'd like to participate, then by all means, please do and let us know! We already have a few bloggers on board, ready to whip out they're roughed up romance novels with the Fabio covers! LEGGO!


THE BOOKISH GROUPIES
WHAT WE'RE READING



WHAT I'M READING...?


As an avid romance reader, I know I can't stand a month without reading a good romance novel, and this is my month! But yes, I've read a whole lot of Adult Romances that I kind of need to a breather to some cute and sweet Young Adult reads and smexy New Adult ones... Okay, no. I'm lying. I don't need a breather. 

        

     


Welp, that's mainly what my February TBR will consist of for the Swoonuary event! And that's pretty much about it! Like mentioned above, all you got to do is read romance novels that's gonna make you feel the love, or make you feel like your heart just shattered, lol! And it can also be up to you if you want to read the same books we're reading!

If you want to find out the what the other girls are reading, you can check them out here:

Mallory | Mallory Books
Jennie | Books & Tea
Ang | Ang Reads

If you're participating, don't forget to add your name to the linky below! Spread the love by following other participants blogs or commenting on their posts. 

HAVE FUN AND SPREAD THE LOVE!



16 comments:

  1. Swoonuary! How cute :)

    I probably won't participate myself, but I'll definitely follow along!!!

    The Accidental Assassin sounds really cute. I added to my list, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I hope you do join next time, but I'm glad you're following along! :D

      I also thought it sounded really cute, especially with the reviews. I'm excited to read more New Adult books this month!

      Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I'll be drafting my post soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES JOY! We're so stoked with having you on board! :D

      Delete
  3. Oooh, this sounds like tons of fun! I probably won't join, but maybe next time. :) I actually came across Bad Romeo last night and it looks like a fun read! Can't wait to see what you think about it! By the way, I'm in love with your new blog design! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can join next time! And thank you so much for saying that about my blog design! :D

      Thanks for stopping by, Talina!

      Delete
  4. Awesome idea! Thank you for doing this! I'm going to be reading The Five Stages of Falling in Love. I received it as an ARC but never got around to reading it. Now seems like the perfect time!

    Here's my Swoonuary link

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for participating! And for the follow! ;D

      Delete
  5. I forgot to mention, new follower via GFC & Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I really want to read This is What Happy Looks Like! Hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carina! Happy reading with your picks too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Absolutely love the play on words! I'm a big fan of fluffy YA romances, don't have much luck with new adult though. The romance always seems to take a backseat to the sex. Can't wait to nab a few more recommendations. Thanks for sharing Blessie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! It actually sounded ridiculous at first and we had a laugh about it too, but turns out, it's actually cute! And yes to fluffy YA romance! They're just cute! Sucks that you haven't had much luck with New Adult books though.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful event you ladies created! I just joined. :)
    I loved Maybe Someday. I hope you enjoy!
    New GFC follower
    My Swoonuary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining, Jess! Glad to have you on board!

      Delete

Thank you, Mischievous Readers, for taking the time to read my post/review, and I would be so glad to know about your thoughts, so please leave me a comment, I'll surely reply!

(Oh, and it's best you click the NOTIFY ME check box to receive a notification once I reply to your comment)