#TenBookChallenge [Nominated by Fangirling Misses]

So Belle from Fangirling Misses nominated me to do a Ten Book Challenge, which I'd actually done already on my facebook profile before. But since I got nominated again, I'll put everything down here.

The rules are simple: 



List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Do not take more than a few minutes and do not think too hard. They do not have to be the “right” books or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Paste these instructions and tag 10 friends, including me, so I can see your list.


P.S. As extra tidbits, I'll be including my favorite quotes from the books as well. Here goes:

1. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger



“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.” 

2. Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk



“In a world where vows are worthless.Where making a pledge means nothing. Where promises are made to be broken, it would be nice to see words come back into power.” 

“Maybe you don't go to hell for the things you do. Maybe you go to hell for the things you don't do. The things you don't finish.” 

3. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho 



“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” 

4. The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick 


“Life is not a PG feel-good movie. Real life often ends badly. Literature tries to document this reality, while showing us it is still possible for us to endure nobly.” 


“When life reaches out with a moment like this, it's a sin if you don't reach back.” 

5. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom 



“Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else.” 

“All parents damage their children. It cannot be helped. Youth, like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers. Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, beyond repair.”

6. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 



“Love is a great beautifier.” 

7. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery 



“People laugh at me because I use big words. But if you have big ideas, you have to use big words to express them, haven't you?” 

8. Looking For Alaska by John Green 



“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” 

9. Damned by Chuck Palahniuk 



“If the living are haunted by the dead, then the dead are haunted by their own mistakes.” 

10. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath 



“The silence depressed me. It wasn't the silence of silence. It was my own silence.” 

There you have it! My ten books list! Big shoutout to Belle for nominating me!


Here are the people I nominate:


I, unfortunately, could not reach ten nominations. I sucketh, I know. Have fun, nominees. ;D

7 comments:

  1. Aww thanks Blessie!! :D And I absolutely love the quote idea.....I admit I got absorbed into reading every single one lol! I'm a sucker for quotes ^^
    –B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination too! I thought the post looked kinda empty so I decided to add the quotes. ;D I honestly, of course, don't have all the quotes memorized word per word, but I remembered a couple of keywords from them so I had to google to get the exact words Haha!

      Delete
    2. lol of course! I doubt many people actually remember quotes by heart.....unless they're geniuses or just completely nutty about it to the point of rehearsing it :P
      –B

      Delete
  2. Oh. I nominated you, but I see you've already done it. Oh well. I guess I gotta be quicker next time. :D

    Click here if you want to check mine out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how we're all just nominating each other! Haha! Checked out your list and commented as well! :D

      Delete
    2. It just keeps going around. I haven't even had time to keep up with it. lol

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it's also been going around on my Facebook timeline, with all other challenges like "Top 15 albums", "Top 15 movies" and other stuff. Haha

      Delete

Thank you, Mischievous Readers, for taking the time to read my post/review, and I would be so glad to know about your thoughts, so please leave me a comment, I'll surely reply!

(Oh, and it's best you click the NOTIFY ME check box to receive a notification once I reply to your comment)