The Liebster Award!

I've just been blogging for half a month now and I just found out about this thing, but I didn't realize anyone would bother nominating me, but thanks to Clara (Bookworm Clara), I'm flattered. I also just got nominated by Martika (fANGIRL confessions) and Talina (Sassy & Dangerous), so I'll be answering three sets of questions.



So apparently, the Liebster Award is a nomination from one new blogger to another. It’s to help people find new blogs to follow! Yup, yup.

1. Link & Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
3. Tag 11 other bloggers who have 300 or less followers
4. Ask the 11 bloggers you nominated 11 questions and let them know you nominated them!

Sooooo, let's get started:

Clara's Questions:

What is your favorite book series of all time?

I don't have a particular favorite, especially from the romance genre but I would like to provide a top three of the romance book series I've come across. First, the Pride series by Shelly Laurenston. If you're a romance reader and also a fan of supernatural, I highly recommend it. So far it's got 9 books and are all wonderful reads. Second would be Jaci Burton's Play by Play series. It's a contemporary sports romance collection and has the sexiest covers ever. I'm currently reading the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh and I'm getting a feeling it's going to be one of my favorite series, so I'm already putting it on number three. 

Who is your favorite book couple?

Oh, this is hard. I've read a lot of books with tons of adorable couples, I don't know which pair to choose. 

What was the first book you read?

I can't remember exactly the first book I read, but as a child, I liked reading Disney books that consists of animals. (lolz) But I do remember the first YA book I bought, and that would be Marked from the House of Night series by Kristin and P.C. Cast. My first romance novel though was Tangled Up in You by Rachel Gibson.

Who is your favorite character of all time?

My favorite character of all time would be Alaska from John Green's Looking for Alaska. This is because I can definitely relate to her. I used to be like her when I was younger, feeling as if I needed to find a way to separate myself from everything, trying to get out of my own labyrinth and finally be free. Alaska is a reminder of who I almost came to be, and if I hadn't helped myself, I might have gotten worse than what should have been.

What is your favorite book genre?

That would be romance. I'm a hopeless romantic. Definitely a guilty pleasure. 

Do you like reading books before watching the movie adaptation, or watch the movie and then read the books ?

If I could read the books first before watching the movie, that would be better. Sometimes, I don't even watch the movie anymore after reading the book because I know it would ruin my expectations of the movie. I'd prefer to read the books so that I don't miss any details.

Who is your favorite author?

I don't exactly have a favorite author, but here are the authors I definitely fancy: Rachel Gibson, Shelly Laurenston, John Green, Julie James, Tawna Fenske, Nalini Singh and Chuck Palahniuk.

What is your favorite book quote?

That would be Chuck's Palahniuk's quote from The Fight Club: "I don't want to die without any scars." It's a short quote but it definitely says a lot about courage, strength, making mistakes and becoming a better person than you were before.

Name three books that made you cry.

The first book that ever made me cry was Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. The second one that made me cry was Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins and the very recent book that made me sob so hard was John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. (Fact: I sobbed so hard when reading the book, I didn't even shed a single tear during the movie)

Do you prefer e-books or "physical books"?

I do prefer holding books, paperbacks or hardcovers, but with everything so expensive nowadays, e-books are the best resort. Reading through e-books aren't as bad as I thought it would before when I actually cried about not being able to buy books as frequently as before due to it's expensive price. And sometimes, you buy a book that didn't turn out to be worth it and would just end up hoarding space on your bookshelf. I've decided to read books through an electronic reader and buy the worthy and really good ones for collection purposes.

Who is the best book villain ever?

The best villain I've ever come across would be President Snow from The Hunger Games Trilogy. The fact that's he's like the evil Santa is just the best thing ever. He's diabolical and absolutely ruthless without breaking a sweat.


Martika's Questions:

What do you like the most about being a book blogger?

Well, the fact that I get ARC copies of books I really want to read is a plus. I get to share my thoughts and opinions on a book as well, and save y'all from reading a terribly written book (Not that I've come across any yet. Hopefully not). 

What book has been your hardest to review? Why?

More like, "What question has been your hardest to answer?" LOL. Well, I'm not exactly sure because I've read a lot of books already and never really wrote a review to them except for some. I've just started book blogging quite recently. But if in terms of choosing the perfect rating for the book, I've come across quite a lot, I don't think I can mention them.

5 facts about you. (Not Book Related)

1. Purple and green are my favorite colors
2. I am a big Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lawrence and Vampire Diaries fan.
3. I'm a college graduate at 19 years old
4. I'm secretly married to Joseph Morgan. Persia White is just for show. (Kidding. No hate)
5. My wardrobe consists of 80% black clothes.

What was your favorite book(s) growing up?

Ohgod, I used to love Enid Blyton books as a child. I had a lot of them and are still with me up today. I'm planning to keep them as part of my collection for my future children (WOOH) to read. I'd want my kids to be exposed to reading when the time comes. 

What is your favorite Trilogy? (Not series)

I don't really have a favorite because the only Trilogy I've ever read is The Hunger Games. The rest I've read are all longer series.

If you were living in a Dystopian world where as a team, you had to overthrow the government or society, what 4 other fictional characters would you choose to assist you?

Oooh, this is a good one. Well, first things first is Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games (And she'd be Jennifer Lawrence too. Gaaad, I'm excited now). We would be co-leaders. Then I'd probably tag along Jace from The Mortal Instruments, he'll be the source of our supernatural powers. Then for the brains and the tactics, I'll bring along Margo Roth Spiegelman from John Green's Paper Towns. And I'll get Scarlett March from Jackson Pearce's Sisters Red because she's equally ruthless and will kill anything in sight. (Yup.)

If you could re-write any book, what would it be? Why?

Ohmygod, why ask me this?! I've got a lot of books I want to rewrite but I guess I'll have to choose The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and just make everything happy in the end. *heartbreaks*

Have a book boyfriend or girlfriend? Spill the tea on who they are.

Ohdear, I have a lot of them, I could make my own Playboy Mansion, just filled with my fictional boyfriends (books and TV series). I don't think I can mention a top 5 though because almost every book I read, the guys become my fictional boyfriends. But if we're to talk about TV series, I'd say Klaus Mikaelson from The Vampire Diaries/The Originals. 

What is your all time favorite book? (just one, I wanted to make it a bit difficult lol)

My all time favorite book would be Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Best ever.

Do you have any other hobbies besides reading and blogging?

Ohyes, I draw a lot, mostly portraiture. If you'd like to see, I've got my deviantart account linked up on my sidebar. I haven't updated much though since I'm taking a break from drawing for now. I'm also an aspiring writer. I love to write poetry and short stories. I started writing fan fictions when I was 11.

Even though it's a bit early for a top 10 list of your favorite books for 2014, what 3 books are you 100% certain will make it on the list this year.

Silkworm by Robert Galbraith, The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom and Adultery by Paulo Coelho. (Even though I haven't read the other two yet, I have high hopes and I know they're really good)

Hate is a strong word, but what book(s) do you absolutely despise? 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I'm sorry to those who loved these books, but I sure as hell didn't: the Twilight series and The Fifty Shades of Grey series. 


Talina's Questions

What do you like most about blogging?

That would be sharing my thoughts and opinions, and creating an identity for myself. Every blog has its own unique perk, and I'm working on creating mine.

Where is your favorite place to read?

Oh, my favorite place would be my room, in bed. It's my personal cave and I get to cuddle with my pillows at the farthest corner on my bed. 

What is your favorite book/series?

I've answered a similar question on my first set, you can check it out there.

Do you have any books that you disliked or hated?

Answered the same question in the set right above this. :)

What is your favorite TV show/movie?

Ohhh, for TV show, I'd have to say The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. I'm absolutely obsessed with those two shows. For my favorite movie all time, that would be The Lion King I and II. (LOVE LOVE LOVE. Fact: I can quote those two movies from beginning to end, including the song numbers)

How many books do you own in physically and in e-book?

On my bookshelf, I own at least 40+ books with 6 hardcovers and the rest, paperbacks. For e-books, gosh, I don't even know anymore, I have a whole lot. 

What is/was your favorite subject in school?

I loved Art and Literature. Always looked forward to those subjects. 

Who is your favorite author?

I've also answered a similar question in the first set. 

If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you bring with you?

Oooh, if I were stranded, I'd bring a book for entertainment, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger specifically, because that's my all time favorite book. I'd also bring a Zippo lighter, so I can easily light a fire. And I'll also bring a knife. (Wow, I feel like a total hunter. LOL)

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

My favorite actress would be Jennifer Lawrence, hands down. She's just so awesome and the best yet, personality wise and career wise. For actor, that would be Joseph Morgan. He is just phenomenal. 

If you could date any fictional character in any book, who would it be?

OHMYGOD!!! This is such a hard question! I have so many fictional boyfriends, ohdear. But I guess, I'm going to have to go with Nik Vorislav from Here Kitty Kitty! by Shelly Laurenston. Sexiest. Shifter. Ever.


So I've answered all the questions, here's my eleven questions to those I'll nominate. 

1. First book you've ever read of your favorite genre.
2. What are you currently reading?
3. If you were given the chance meet any character from a fictional book of your own choice, who and why?
4. Most anticipated book of 2015.
5. If you were to stay in a place for a year and can only bring five books to read, which would you bring?
6. How many books do you personally own?
7. If you could live in a fictional world, which would you choose and why?
8. If you could have any supernatural ability to use forever, which and why?
9. What's your take on books turned into movies? Like or dislike?
10. Five facts about yourself. 
11. What's up next on your TBR shelf?



14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination :) I'm not sure If I will be able to answer the questions though, becouse I was nominated twice already before you and I still have to answer them so I'll probably just pick one of the lists of questions but I will thank you and link your blog. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem! :D Happy blogging! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the nomination! I was nominated last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And congrats as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Blessie, Thank you so much for the nomination! I nominated you as well, head on over to see the questionnaire!

    http://fangirlavue.blogspot.com/2014/08/ive-been-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! I'll add up my answers to your questions into this post. :D

      Delete
  4. I'm cracking up laughing at your answers they were so funny, and YASSSSS to Jennifer Lawrence! She's just . . . everything! I'm glad someone feels the same way I do about Fifty Shades of Grey, the movie will be even worse than the book, if that's even possible. We actually have alot in common, I use to write so much when I was younger, but I kind of fell off going into adulthood. Blogging is a way for me to blow the dust off my writing skills lmao. I seen a link to view your writing that I'm going to check out, but I didn't know you knew how to draw! I always like to see artists work because I love artwork. Hell, maybe you can sell me something one day. Okay let me shut up before this turns into a story itself. Thanks for answering that questions and again for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read this comment. I'm actually looking forward to the movie, however, I don't like the girl they chose. The guy is definitely man candy though, but I'd have preferred Michael Fassbender. He'd be the perfect master. ;D

      Delete
  5. Thank you for answering my questions, Blessie! :) I feel the same way about the Twilight series! Just irked the frick out of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you for nominating me too!

      Delete
  6. Blessie! Thanks so much for nominating me (a month ago. lol)
    I'll post my answers up soon.

    Oh, I've changed my blog's name to Raves and Reads (http://ravesandreads.blogspot.com)
    Thanks again for nominating me dear <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is!
      http://ravesandreads.blogspot.com/2014/09/i-got-nominated-for-liebster-award.html
      Thanks so much for nominating me. lol

      Delete
    2. Love the changes you've made on your blog! I'm going to check out your answers now! You're welcome! :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the nomination! I'm just getting to this now :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, Mischievous Readers, for taking the time to read my post/review, and I would be so glad to know about your thoughts, so please leave me a comment, I'll surely reply!

(Oh, and it's best you click the NOTIFY ME check box to receive a notification once I reply to your comment)