Stacking The Shelves #1


I haven't been buying books lately, because I'm currently broke and living off a monthly allowance, so it's time for me to learn to budget my current cash. And as much as I disliked reading e-books before, I actually realized the convenience and the money you can actually save in buying e-books. Well, there's also the library but I prefer to have my own copy of the book (physical or virtual) because that way, I don't need to follow a deadline. (I've suffered way too much cash penalties back in college when I forget to return a book on its due date.)


But despite being broke, I still couldn't resist buying one, especially if it's a Palahniuk or an Albom creation. I am just so obsessed with the man, you have no idea. 

So it's time for Stacking the Shelves, a Saturday book blog meme originally hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where you post or share books (physical or virtual) that you will be adding or just added to your bookshelf. 


Purchased Books:


I got these books a couple of days ago and I really had to get a physical copy of them because they're by my favorite authors; Chuck Palahniuk and Mitch Albom. These two are just geniuses. If I had bought Adultery by Paulo Coelho, that would have made the trio. 

I just got a couple of ARCs too for the month of September, so I've got more review posts to come. 

Coming Soon:
  • ARC BOOK REVIEWS - Triple Brazen Threat #2 (One Night of Scandal, Chasing Trouble & Melt For Him) 
  • ARC BOOK REVIEWS - Third Time's a Bliss (Brushing Off the Boss, Second Chance Ranch & The Bouquet List)
  • ARC BOOK REVIEW - Double Jeopardy by Linda Wisdom
  • BOOK REVIEW - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  • BOOK REVIEW - Silkworm by Robert Galbraith

14 comments:

  1. I haven’t heard of these before but I hope you like them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Chuck Palahniuk and Mitch Albom books are really good. Definitely a recommended read.

      Delete
  2. These books seem interesting. Enjoy your haul!
    Here's My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Checked out yours as well. You've got great books on your list. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of any of those. They look good. Have a great weekend.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I highly recommend these two books. Even though I'm just about to read them, I have high hopes.

      Delete
  4. I can't help buying books despite my tight budget. The plight of a book lover ;) Enjoy your new additions!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a guilty pleasure. ;D Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I'm not buying any more books until I read at least half of the ones on my owned TBR pile. It's insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I want to do that, I just can't seem to control myself! Haha! I've got terrible self discipline. Hahaha!

      Delete
  6. Nice haul! I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Come and check out OUT's STS

    And dont forget to enter the giveaways!

    Leydy from OUAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to join your giveaways! :)

      Delete
  7. Ugh, I totally understand wanting to buy books but not having enough money! And in our country, we don't really have libraries with YA sections, so that's out of the options. :(

    I read For One More Day in school... I didn't love it, but a lot of my other classmates did! :) Diary has a gorgeous cover! Happy reading, Blessie!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we barely had YA books in school, and almost close to none when I got to college. So that's probably why my taste changed. Haha!

      By the way, I love your blog's layout. Deadly and adorable. LOL. Followed you on Bloglovin!

      Delete

Thank you, Mischievous Readers, for taking the time to read my post/review, and I would be so glad to know about your thoughts, so please leave me a comment, I'll surely reply!

(Oh, and it's best you click the NOTIFY ME check box to receive a notification once I reply to your comment)