Mischievous Reads' Most Anticipated Releases in 2016

17 January 2016


I remember saying this back in 2015 when January rolled in: "More books. Woopsies!" I can't believe I'm saying the same thing again, this 2016which is no surprise, actually. 

We've got tons of debuts which people have been raving about all over the blogosphere and on Twitter and sequels everyone's been itching to get their hands on after waiting for so long, and I'm one of those itching to get their hands on these soon to be released reads of various genres I've taken a liking to: Fantasy superstars writers Sarah J. Maas and Maggie Stiefvater. Add in V.E. Schwab and some of my auto-buy Romance authors whom I'd literally grovel over: K.A. Tucker, Lauren Layne, Jessica Lemmon and Kylie Scott.
I've read the first of the Raven Cycle series and I loved it. Hopefully within the year, I would get to read on to the next books, so I can get on to The Raven King and I'm looking forward to it!

I also read A Court of Thorns and Roses last year, and it's actually the one of the two three Fantasy books I read last year, and for a Sarah J. Maas first-timer, my experience was not bad at all. I look forward to reading more of her books, particularly the Throne of Glass series, which I have not yet tackled. 

To be frank, I haven't read any V.E. Schwab novel, but I've heard so many good things about her work. According to a lot, she's one of the greatest young adult fantasy writers out there, so I'm excited to get my hands on her books. So far, all I have is Vicious, although still unread and is sitting pretty on my bookshelf.

Kylie Scott's Dirty is one of my highly anticipated reads this year. After having read all the books to her latest series, Stage Dive, and loved every single one of them, especially the audiobook versions, because let me tell you, Andi Arndt is one of the greatest audiobook narrators I've ever heard (and the only one that made me stick and listen attentively as I've got the attention span of a five year old loaded on sugar). 

Also with Jessica Lemmon and K.A. Tucker, two of my newly discovered romance writers who are amazing with their works, these two just popped out of nowhere and took me by surprise. If you want romance, Lemmon's your girl, and if you want a little dash of suspense, K.A. Tucker is here to the rescue. Her upcoming novel, He Will Be My Ruin is her most suspenseful book so far, and I'm so excited!

I've been lucky enough to be granted ARC copies of I Wish You Were Mine and Arrows (Thank you, Penguin Random House!) and thank you to Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books for my Passenger giveaway win! It's on its way to my mailbox and I'm very excited to get my hands on it!

What are your anticipated reads this 2016?

FOLLOW MISCHIEVOUS READS ON BLOGLOVIN

Follow